Miles Funeral Homes are full service, locally-owned funeral homes located in Holden and Sterling, Massachusetts. We have been servicing families from the Wachusett Region, Worcester and numerous towns within Worcester County for over 115 years (see History).
At Miles we take great pride in what we do. Our purpose is to:
- Help families make well-planned preparations in their time of need
- Provide a peaceful and soothing environment where people can gather to honor and celebrate the life of a loved one
- Preserve longstanding traditions and customs
- Offer personalized and affordable services and products
- Reach out to the greater community
Our first and foremost goal is customer service to you and your family during your time of need. We believe that the success of any business requires dedication and professionalism. At Miles it also requires a great deal of kindness, compassion and attention to detail. You’ll find these qualities in each and every member of our caring and supportive staff. We offer professional guidance and personal and specialized attention before, during and after the loss of a loved one. Our reputation for honesty and integrity are imperative and our most valuable assets.
Our services include:
- Traditional Funerals
- Personalized Funerals
- Memorial and Graveside Services
- Various Cremation Options
- Celebrations of Life
- Military Honors for our U.S. Veterans
Richard S. Mansfield
Miles is owned and operated by Richard S. Mansfield, a resident of Holden. Our staff includes funeral directors Timothy S. McNeaney, Maureen M. Monahan, Samuel P. Nelson, Philip Haddad, Jr., David B. Bellerose, and Robert Pillsbury, Sr., apprentice funeral directors Thomas L. Gersbacher and Richard S. Mansfield III, and support staff of Robin G. McGuirk, Anne M. Lee and Beverly S. Mansfield.
Miles has been a member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes (or NSM) for over 60 years. Membership in the association is by-invitation-only and is available exclusively to those independently owned funeral homes that have and continue to practice the highest ethical standards of professional service and community leadership. Miles is the only area funeral home to have met and continues to meet these high standards to which members are dedicated. Our responsibilities to each family we serve keeps with the nationally known and recognized Code of Good Practice:
As funeral directors, our calling imposes upon us special responsibilities to those we serve and to the public at large. An important obligation is to provide information so that everyone can make knowledgeable decisions about funeral and cremation services.
Inaccepting our responsibilities, and as a condition of affiliation with Selected Independent Funeral Homes, we affirm the following standards of good practice and hereby pledge:
1. To provide the public with information about funeral and cremation services, including prices, functions and responsibilities of funeral directors
2. To make services available in as wide a range of price categories as necessary to meet the need of all segments of our community; and to affirmatively extend to everyone the right to inspect and freely consider them all
3. To quote in writing the charge for every arrangement offered and to clearly identify the services, facilities, equipment and merchandise included in such quotations
4. To adhere to the highest standard of conduct in all aspects of business
5. To afford an ongoing opportunity to all persons to discuss or arrange funerals in advance
6. To ensure that pre-need contracts fully disclose those items which are guaranteed and those which are non-guaranteed, in terms that are clear and easy to understand
7. To manage prepaid funds responsibly, ensuring that promises are honored and expectations are met within the letter and spirit of the law
8. To make no representation, written or oral, which may be false or misleading and to apply a standard of honesty in all dealings
9. To furnish each family, at the time arrangements are made, with a written memorandum of charges and to make no additional charge without their approval
10. To respect all faiths, creeds and customs, and to give full effect to the role of the clergy/celebrant
11. To maintain qualified and competent staff, appropriate facilities and suitable equipment required for comprehensive funeral and cremation services
12. To assure those we serve the right of personal choice in making service arrangements
We pledge to conduct ourselves at all times in a manner deserving of the public trust and to provide a copy of this Code of Good Practice to the families we serve.
Miles Funeral Home
Proudly Serving Families in Worcester County for over 115 years
508-829-4434, 978-422-0100, 1-800-983-4434